Window Treatments – Decorative & Functional
Commercial design, for the most part, is not as detailed or attractive as residential design. In commercial design, the window treatments are more functional than decorative. However, depending on the business, they could be both!
Take some time to answer these four basic questions to help narrow down the selection.
- Do you want your window treatments to be noticed or blend into the wall?
- Should they be vertical or horizontal?
- Should they diffuse or deflect light?
- Should they diffuse or deflect sound?
When your window treatments advance into the room, they stand out and will be noticed first and become the focal point. When a window treatment recedes or blends into the wall, it will simply be functional and not decorative—it will control light and give privacy if needed. You can never go wrong with receding a window treatment. Check out Silhouette® Window Shadings.
There are so many options available in both vertical and horizontal window treatments that your commercial design options are unlimited. Horizontal window coverings work best on windows that are taller than they are wide, while vertical window coverings are most suitable for windows that are wider than they are tall. Skyline™ Gliding Panels actually work great in both applications.
Diffusing or deflecting light can be handled in a variety of ways with more light-control options, such as room-darkening backings. If there is a lot of wood already in the space, Provenance® Woven Woods would be a beautiful choice. All window treatments diffuse sound to a certain degree, but fabric products seem to work the best. Harder surfaces, such as plantation shutters, wooden blinds and verticals, and aluminum blinds, are not as effective. Duette® Architella Honeycomb Shades are an excellent choice for blocking sound and are the most energy-efficient shade on the market today.
Window Treatment Operating Options
There are a variety of operating systems from Hunter Douglas Window Fashions that are available for lifting or rotating your shades and blinds.
- PowerView™ – A wireless operating system gives you the power to control and schedule your Hunter Douglas window treatments from your smartphone, tablet, or a remote control.
- LiteRise® – A cordless system that you push up with your hand to raise and pull down to lower. Your blinds and shades stay in place until you move them again.
- UltraGlide® – A system that features a unique, retractable cord—letting you raise and lower your window treatments without unsightly, dangling external cords.
- Standard Cordlock- A cord that locks into place for easy operation and a cleaner appearance. The cords are then wrapped around a cleat.
- EasyRise™– A continuous loop that operates your window fashion. Pulling on the rear of the loop raises it.
- Top-Down/Bottom-Up- Can open the window treatment from the top or the bottom, or both. This is the total lift system that gives you the ultimate control.
Now it’s time to call in the professionals. Georgia Blinds & Interiors is the window treatment specialist in your area. They will assist in selecting the perfect product for your office and then expertly measure and install your office’s new blinds, shades, or draperies to your satisfaction.
Window Treatments in the Atlanta and Buckhead GA Areas
Georgia Blinds & Interiors is a Hunter Douglas Gallery serving the Atlanta and Buckhead, GA, areas. We offer custom blinds, shades, sheers, shutters and draperies to homeowners, realtors, homebuilders, remodeling specialists and interior designers.
Our experienced staff will make your shopping experience one you won’t forget. Together they will work with you to find the perfect solution for your home. Visit our showroom or contact us for a personal in-home design consultation today!